Benefits, Holidays & Pay Matrices
An employer's benefits package is like a second paycheck...and the City's programming is of note. Most benefits take effect the first of the month following the first 60 days of employment, with some taking effect immediately (deferred compensation, FRS, etc.).
The City is pleased to offer:
- Medical and Dental Insurance (two medical programs and two dental programs are offered to meet your needs) - 4 tiers of coverage to choose from
- Telehealth services and prescription mail-order program
- A robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offering 24/7 assistance and support (this benefit is provided to full-time and part-time employees)
- An Employee Health Center (EHC) - a benefit provided at no cost to employees and dependents on the City's health insurance
- Vision Insurance - 4 tiers of coverage to choose from
- Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Deferred compensation through MissionSquare Retirement - several options to choose from
- Retirement benefits through the Florida Retirement System (FRS) - the City and employee share in the contributions
- Supplemental insurance offerings including AFLAC, Liberty Mutual, US Legal, Pet Benefit Solutions and Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Long Term Disability Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 18 credits per fiscal year with no $ limit (budget dependent; evaluated every year)
- Tuition Deferral agreements with several universities - partners with tuition reimbursement program
- Comprehensive Wellness Programming that encourages physical, emotional, nutritional, and overall wellbeing
- ...and more...
City of Stuart Benefits Booklet
Transparency in Coverage Rule
For additional information regarding medical insurance coverage and negotiated rates with providers, https://www.cigna.com/legal/compliance/machine-readable-files. This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Click the tabs below for a list of our holidays and our compensation plan.
Eligible full-time employees receive holiday pay (no waiting period following employment):
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
In addition, two Optional Holidays are provided to eligible full-time employees, as well as one Birthday Day.
*Note: Collective Bargaining Agreements may offer other holiday provisions.