CITY COMMISSION ELECTION
2022 City Commission Election
The City of Stuart will hold an Election for Commissioner Seats/Groups 1, 3, and 5. This is a non-partisan election and all Seats/Groups serve the City at large.
Election Qualifying - June 13, 2022 at 12:00 Noon through June 17, 2022 by 12:00 Noon
Primary Election Day - August 23, 2022
General Election Day - November 8, 2022
To qualify, all candidates must be: 1) a registered elector of the City; 2) a permanent resident of the City; and 3) a continuous, full-time resident of the City for the entire calendar year preceding his/her qualification for office.
Election Term is 4-Years; 2022 through 2026.
The City of Stuart City Clerk is the official qualifying officer for City elections. The City Clerk's Office is located on the 2nd floor of City Hall, 121 SW Flagler Avenue and is open between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
To qualify as a candidate, the following State and City forms must be completed and submitted. All forms are available online and in the City Clerk's Office.
- DS-DE 9 - Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository
- DS-DE 84 - Statement of Candidate
- DS-DE 302NP - Candidate Oath
- Form 1 2021 - Statement of Financial Interests
- Oath of Residency
- Logic and Accuracy Testing Notice to Candidate
Helpful Candidate links:
- Florida Division of Elections Candidate Campaign Treasurer Handbook
- The Florida Election Code
- Guide to Sunshine Amendment and Code of Ethics