- Bulk Trash
- Commercial Garbage
- Dumpster Specifications
- Residential Garbage
- Roll-Off Container Service
- Yard Trash
Bulk waste is any item that is too large to fit in your regular garbage cart. This includes items such as furniture, appliances, mattresses, chairs, swing sets and tables.
Preparation & Collection
- Bulk waste items shall not exceed 4 feet in height or 4 feet in length or diameter when placed for collection.
- Homeowners who exceed the limitations for bulk waste collection shall be required to pay a special pick-up fee.
- Bulk waste is picked up once a week.
Commercial Garbage may be collected up to six days per week. Container sizes range from 2 to 8 cubic yards.
- The consumer shall maintain containers in good and sanitary condition.
- Lids must be closed, overfilling of containers is prohibited.
- No paint or hazardous materials. See Stuart Sanitation Rates (PDF).
Residential Garbage pick up will be picked up once per week. See Stuart Sanitation Rates at the bottom on this page.
The following guidelines will help to provide you with better service and collection:
- Set out carts no later than 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of pick up.
- Remove carts within 12 hours of collection for residential areas, and 3 hours of collection in all other areas.
- Carts shall be placed on the property served not more than 3 feet from the edge of the pavement and clear of all stationary objects.
- Place cart at curb with handle facing away from street
- Carts shall be maintained by customer in good and sanitary condition
- Please do not overfill container, lids must be closed
The City of Stuart Sanitation Department provides complete roll-off container service for customers within City limits. These containers can be used for large general clean up, construction, building and renovation projects. The City also provides roll-off compactor service for customers generating large volumes of garbage.
Various container sizes available to fit the needs of all size projects. Container sizes vary from 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards. Rates are based on the pull charge plus disposal. There are no hidden fees associated such as fuel surcharge, environmental, or container rental.
Rates & Fees
|10 Cubic Yard||$149.18 Per Pull Plus Disposal|
|20 Cubic Yard||$159.46 Per Pull Plus Disposal|
|30 Cubic Yard||$169.75 Per Pull Plus Disposal|
|40 Cubic Yard||$180.04 Per Pull Plus Disposal|
|Compactor||$236.62 Per Pull Plus Disposal|
|Deposit, Compactors Only||$1,000|
Yard trash includes any cut limbs, palm fronds, branches, twigs or grass clippings and is collected 1 day per week. The collection of yard waste does not include the removal of entire trees or yard waste created by landscape crews. As always, they must remove the debris they create.
- Residential yard trash shall not exceed 4 feet in height and 4 feet in length or diameter when placed for collection.
- Except for palm fronds, no single item shall exceed 4 feet in diameter and 4 feet in length.
- Yard trash is not to be placed in plastic bags. Trash cans, paper bags or cardboard is permitted.
- Homeowners who exceed the limitations of yard trash placed for collection will be required to pay a special pick up fee.
- Yard trash shall be collected once a week.
- Yard trash shall not be mixed with garbage for collection.
- Yard trash shall be placed for collection at the front of the property producing the yard trash.
- The City does not pick up yard trash generated by a private contractor. Private contractors such as lawn maintenance services, tree trimming services, etc. must remove all yard debris.
- Quantity of vegetative material is greater than 4 feet in height or 4 feet in diameter
- The material is inaccessible for collection by our equipment.
- Vegetative material is contaminated and will be picked up on your bulk trash landfill day.
- Small, loose items such as leaves, hedge trimmings, or grass clippings.
- This material will be collected and has already been scheduled for collection within one business day.