The purpose and duties of the East Stuart Historical Advisory Board will include, but not limited to the following:
1. Review and recommend designation of individual site, buildings, districts in East Stuart on local register list and/or national register of historic places.
2. Review historic markers associated with historic buildings or events in East Stuart.
3. Promote an awareness of the benefits of historic preservation and its benefits to the community.
4. Review and recommend projects that promote the preservation and rehabilitation of historic buildings.
5. Seek out projects for matching grants that are significant and celebrate East Stuart history and culture and serves as a public benefit (e.g. art elements in the Guys Davis Community Park, MLK Streetscape project).
6. Review and make recommendations for buildings, properties and sites in East Stuart nominated for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.